Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Day 156, Tuesday, April 4, 2017, David Crockett State Park, Lawrenceburg, TN, Day 2

David Crockett Falls
Tuesday, April 4, 2017, David Crockett State Park, Lawrenceburg, TN, Day 2, 0 Miles, 7,272.9 Miles For the Trip

Just a little light rain overnight that stopped by midnight.

After breakfast I went for a walk around the campground loops, waved goodbye to the only other campers besides the host & a Sunrader Class C in the upper section. I sat around reading, checking forums & websites, called my friends Don & Anne (Don is recovering from a heart attack & quadruple bypass surgery). I also reserved three days at the end of April at Greenbelt National Park in Maryland (just outside Washington, DC) so I can visit with my daughter, her husband & the granddaughters.

After lunch, I drove to the covered bridge & the David Crockett Waterfall. I didn't have my neutral density filter with me so the image isn't as soft as my usual waterfall pictures, but it is what you get! The picture of the bridge is at today's LakeshoreImages page.

After that I headed to town to find a grocery store. I had an urge for a couple of hard rolls to make sandwiches. Unfortunately, although the Krogers had a bakery, they didn't have any rolls. Of course, I picked up some other stuff, most of which I didn't really need, The freezer is officially full!

Once everything was packed away, I sat outside in the shade and continued to read my latest book - Orphan X, by Gregg Hurwitz. An interesting read in the style of Lee Child. He has written lots of other books; this is the first time I've read him. Looks like I'll be doing some Amazon used book orders!

Dinner was an Amy's Thai Pad Thai dinner, A Vegan Thai/Vietnamese stir fry frozen meal. The first time for her version, but so far I've liked all the different frozen dinners from the company.

Until Tomorrow -

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jon,

    I'm so enjoying your pictures and descriptions of places you've gone.

    I'm so-o-o looking forward to traveling via trailer all over this wonderful country once I retire. Smiled reading your blog how you came to the conclusion that a trailer offered alot of comfort over a tent. I came to the same conclusion after 3 am trips to the less than desirable and far away pit toilets.

    But tell me, are you really pulling a 17ft Escape with a Toyota RAV4? Isn't that a bit undersized? I'm just beginning to learn about this whole area. I love my little cars, but know it's important to get the right size tow vehicle.

    Anyway, have another great day tomorrow!

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did pull the 3000 lb trailer over 70,000 miles with the RAV4, however it was a V6 with tow package rated at towing 3500 lbs. The tongue weight was 345, just under the 350 lb limit.

      While the RAV4 did a pretty good job, I now plug with a Tacoma Off Road, with the plans to pick up an Escape 21 in the Fall.

      Delete
  2. Always looking for Lee Child style books. I'll give that one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jon,

    How did you like the 17' Escape? Sounds like you decided to go for more room with the 21' Escape? Congratulations on your soon to be new trailer.

    I have kinda thought the Escape trailers are the best value for the money and of these I kinda had decided the 19' was good.

    You'll enjoy the wider width of the 21' and the bigger bathroom in the 21' I'm sure.

    Have a great day!

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been very happy with the 17. The reasons for going to the 21 is I wanted a 4 person dinette that was always set up, and oven, and a built in microwave. I looked at a 19, but there was not enough storage left after the oven & microwave.

      I don't really need the space, but the bigger bathroom will be nice. Showering in the 17 is an elbow knocking experience!

      Delete
  4. An oven is nice. There are some things that just are better heated up in an oven instead of a microwave. I hadn't thought of the storage space that one would give up to put in an oven in the 19'. The extra width will be nice in the 21'--it just does feel more spacious.

    I only came across your blog last night for the first time-- do you still have a home or have you gone to full time RVing?

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a small house on Lake Ontario in upstate NY. I only spend the summers there, but it would be hard to give up. I'm on the road at least 6 months of the year...

      Delete
  5. In some of your entries it sounds like you are one of the few folks in the campgrounds. Do you ever get lonely in situations like that?

    I'm curious what have been some of your favorite trips--you've been so many different places.

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete