Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Day 157, Wednesday, April 5, 2017, David Crockett State Park, Lawrenceburg, TN, Day 3

Wednesday, April 5, 2017, David Crockett State Park, Lawrenceburg, TN, Day 3, 0 Miles, 7,272.9 Miles For the Trip

A nice, quiet night. Lots of severe thunderstorm & tornado warnings on the radio this morning with many schools closed in Alabama to the south. I checked the weather radar app and the storms are to the east & south of Lawrenceburg. I did keep a local station on the radio to hear alerts, and while there were lots of them, we appear to be on the western edge of the storms. More predicted overnight; lets hope they are somewhere else. I really don't want to be in the trailer with quarter sized hail. In fact, while I have been through a dime sized hail storm on a previous trip, I doubt the trailer would deal well with a combination of quarter size hail & 60MPH winds! I'm used to the wind - most winters we have a couple of storms off Lake Ontario that have 60+ MPH winds, but large hail I can do without.

All we had here was lots of wind. It was in the 80's, so I tried sitting outside reading. The prediction is for 40°F tonight, so I may dig out the electric heater.

I didn't feel like cooking, so dinner was a salad.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment