Thursday, July 27, 2017

Oswego Harborfest 2017, Day 1

Breitbeck Park is Pretty Empty
I've been away from Oswego for all the Harborfests since 2013, with A Cross Country Trip in 2014,  a 2015 trip to Alaska & a 2016 trip to New England. This summer I will be in Oswego for the festival so I hope to photograph it. I'll add a photo or two per day here, and a link each day to a page with more.

The Oswego Harborfest is an annual event that draws well over 100,000 people to the Lake Ontario waterfront community for 4 day festival. There are entertainment stages located throughout the city, as well as many other programs & presentations, food booths, a midway with rides, and a 23 minute "Fireworks by Grucci" show on Saturday night presented by Entergy.

More Thursday, July 27 Photographs:

Thursday was the official opening of Harborfest. Not too crowded - that might have something to do with the fact that it rained all morning and well into the early afternoon, Around 3:00 the sun came out and the booths started up and a small crowd moved into the park.

I wandered around taking photos of the set ups, had an early dinner at the Greek Gyro booth, and checked out the hillside facing the fireworks. The rules are that you are not allowed to put tarps or blankets down until Saturday morning, however at 3:30 there were two set up under the sign saying not to. Since I like to follow the rules, I hope I can squeeze in a space to shoot. They are usually some of the best fireworks I've seen.

More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment