Thursday, January 4, 2018

Day 153, Thursday, January 4, 2018 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 46

The Big Tent Main Poles are Up
Thursday, January 4, 2018 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 46, 0 Miles, 3,740.2 Towing Miles For the Trip

A beautiful day for the walk for coffee & sitting outside. I stopped along the walk to take a photo of some of the "Sun Blockers" (A name fiberglass trailer owners give to 40' Class A RV's). There is quite a range, including used & new, with some of the new ones listing for 3/4 of a million dollars. There is an empty parking area next to the walkway that fills with RV's during January. I don't know how many they sell, but it seems like an awful lot of work to bring 50 or so large Class A RV's in for just a couple of weeks. Photo is at today's LakeshoreImages page.

They have raised the main poles for the big tent so I took a photo of them as well.

After breakfast I read for a couple of hours. It took a bit to figure out how to send the borrowed copy of David Brin's book to my Kindle - I started reading it on the iPad, but that was a bit large to take to the dentist, and mailing to the Kindle required doing some set up at Amazon. Eventually, I got it transfered.

Around 2:00 I headed to Parker to have my implant checked at the dentist. Everything looks OK, and he adjusted my "flipper" so it fits a bit better. It is still a pain in the butt in that you have to take it out to eat, and with or without it, my speech is really screwed up by the missing tooth or the chunk of plastic pushing on my palate. Glad I'm not still teaching, and I sure plan on keeping as many of my teeth as possible, or, if not, get implants rather than bridges or even worse, false teeth!

On the way back from the dentist I stopped at Safeway & Walmart, picking up stuff I probably didn't really need, although I did buy replacement pillows - the ones in the trailer are getting pretty flat. I'm going to use one of the old ones as a throw pillow to lean against when sitting at the dinette reading. I made fun of one of the posters at the Escape forum for her collection of pillows, but I have to admit at least one is useful!

Dinner was baked chicken legs & thighs & a Greek Salad picked up at Safeway.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment